Thursday, August 2, 2007

The end of a era

Well it seems like we are a two car family again. We just bought a 97 pathfinder with 102000 miles on it for 4500. I feel like we got a good deal its really clean on the inside. We took it to the mechanic for his 52 point used car inspection and he gave it a good look up and down. He said it was pretty solid for a ten year old car and there was a list of things that may need to be addressed over the next couple of years. He did say that the rear axle seal and the valve cover gasket needed to be replaced in the next few months. Now let me say that I am not very good at negotiating so when we went back to finalize the deal I didn't know what to expect. The car was listed for 5400 and the KBB was 5600. We offered 4500 cash and then tried to work out a deal on the valve cover gasket and rear axle seal. First we offered to buy the parts and hoped they would take care of the labor but the parts were only 40 bucks. then we offered to split the labor and they said no. So i asked them if they wanted a 1988 Accura Integra with no exhaust and they said sure you have a deal. So the way I see it I just sold my piece of crap car for 380 dollars. I am still riding my bike all over because I like it so much.

No comments: