Monday, August 6, 2007

Cool Old Guy

As I got stopped on my way home tonight at the light a little west of Tates Creek and MOW I saw this old guy trying to cross from the Taco Bell side to the Shell Station Side. Now I will be honest with you and I am not proud of it but my first reaction was like "wow what a piece of crap bike" because he was riding a Wal-Mart bike with a Wal-Mart helmet and long blue jeans and a yellow backpack. But as he crossed the street something changed my mind. He got about 3/4 of the way across and was just about to cross the right turn lane when this guy in a big a** silver pickup came rolling up and cut him off. The guy on the bike started yelling at the guy in the truck in a very controlled manner. Things like "please stop I'm to cross here" now in a situation like that I probably would of blew my lid. As the guy rode passed me we exchanged pleasantries and he went on his way. As he did my opinion of him did a 180. The rest of my ride home I had a different attitude about things and it must of shown. Instead of getting yelled at and honked at I got two Whoo Hoo's and a Way to go out of the passing cars. Thanks cool old guy.

No comments: